Hey friends, I am Kelly Bellamy.
I have lived in Columbia since 2006, when my husband and I moved here from California after growing tired of the rising cost of living. Despite being born and raised there, I consider this home and have never looked back.
We have 2 kids, a boy and a girl who both came to us through adoption. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mama who drinks far too much coffee. I did not set out to educate at home, but my son’s learning issues made it clear that this is the best option. Some days I wish I could simply send my kids to school, but overall I love being able to teach them and have so much quality time together.
This journey is part of what led to the birth of Growing Up Maury. I wanted to keep my kids active in the things happening in our town, but was not finding a single place to find a listing of events. Maury County and Columbia are growing and I am excited to be here and part of it all.
I am also the Owner/Seamstress at Mama’s Mess. I sew mostly children’s clothing and love custom orders. I have recently taken up smocking and find that I love that it requires me to slow down and carefully stitch by hand.
I look forward to getting to know you and enjoying the fun along with talking about the hard together.
Hi. My name is Jennifer Arnwine. I have lived in Spring Hill since 1996. When I first moved here I taught elementary school. One of the “getting to know you” activities at the first in service was to tell a few facts about ourselves. Almost everyone went before me and a few people mentioned mules. I was quite perplexed. When it came my turn I shared that I had never seen a mule. There was an audible gasp. I still laugh thinking about that. Needless to say I have seen many a mule since that confession. Maury County is my home and I absolutely love it.
I am the owner and photographer at Jennifer Arnwine Photography. I also have a small hobby business throwing pottery out of my house. It is so much fun and very therapeutic. I love to travel. Right now India is the favorite place I have visited but that seems to change with my mood. I am raising two puppies who are training to be therapy dogs. I have two other dogs as well who are just for lying around on the sofa but I love them madly. I have what some would say is an unhealthy amount of love for Shemar Moore, and a perfectly healthy amount of love for my friends and family. I have great faith in people and an even greater faith in God.
One could say I am simply dripping with passion for this project. I love the idea of connecting families with everything that is happening in Maury Co and the surrounding areas. I also feel like is it really important to talk about the real and the hard things that come with being a family along with the sunshine and rainbows. I hope you love Growing Up Maury as much as I do.
We here at Growing Up Maury welcome comments from readers, but in the interest of keeping things as civil and focused as possible, we have just a few simple rules for commenters:
- While we do not require commenters to use their real names, comments posted from behind proxy servers will not be approved.
- We will never censor comments based on the political or ideological point of view they espouse. However, we reserve the right to moderate, or delete any comments that are abusive, libelous, extremely off-topic, use excessive foul language, or that are indecent.
- If a commenter posts comments that are abusive, libelous, off-topic, use excessive foul language, or that are indecent, we reserve the right to remove the comments and/or ban the commenter’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- All first-time comments are moderated before they’re posted, and we reserve the right to moderate any comments or commenters that are abusive, libelous, off-topic, use excessive foul language, or that are indecent.
- Growing Up Maury is not responsible for the content of any comments posted by visitors or guests to www.GrowingUpMaury.com. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.
If you have any questions regarding Growing Up Maury’s comment policy, please feel free to contact us.
In no way are the writings or comments of any one contributor meant to represent the views or beliefs of the others – each opinion is unique and represents the opinion of that writer. An opinion expressed by any contributor does not reflect the views of any organization, employer, or religious congregation that contributor may be associated with unless expressly stated.
The content produced by Growing Up Maury is owned by Growing Up Maury. The content produced by any other contributors is owned by those individuals. Opinions expressed by any contributor to this blog are offered freely without direct compensation by any sponsor, advertiser, contributor, candidate, or employer.